What a great surprise when I logged into my blog last week and saw I had been nominated for an award! I have only just started my blog and was unsure of it’s origin and thought was it legit? It must be a pyramid system for blogs or something else I know nothing about. Did a bit of Google research and found the following on different blogs, this one in particular:
- The Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community to those who have fewer than 200 followers. This is simply a way of getting to know each other!
- You list 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- Depending upon your personal views, It is viewed as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
In the spirit in which is was meant I would like to thank Nova Scotia Roots for my nomination, here we go….
Here are the rules that go along with accepting this award:
1) Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
2) Thank and tag the blog who nominated you – Again, thanks Nova Scotia Roots
3) Answer their questions and come up with 10 new ones for your nominees
4) Nominate 8 blogs (with less than 200 followers), let them know you’ve nominated them and link them in your post. I was not sure I had even read 8 blogs, so this led me on another adventure searching for some like minded gardeners (I apologize if you have more than 200 followers – that part was tricky)
5) No tag-backs.
Here are the questions I have to answer:
1) Favorite flower: Peony
2) Favorite veggie: Beetroot
3) Favorite garden picture (insert it if you can)
4) Favorite season: Autumn
5) Biggest defeat in your garden: Keeping the Kikuyu out of my garden beds, I can’t win
6) Biggest challenge in your garden: successive planting
7) Your next big project: sowing autumn/winter seeds
8) Your gardening partner you are most grateful for: my husband,he builds me anything I want!!
9) Your favourite quote: “Today you are you! That is truer that true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” Dr. Seuss
10) What are you grateful for? The life I live and the people who are in it.
Scarecrows garden – the first blog I followed many years ago now
Please let me know when you’ve posted your answers so I can check it out!
My questions for you are:
- Do you like to start with seeds or buy seedlings?
- what sort of composting system do you have?
- Favorite time of the day to garden?
- What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day?
- What is the most recent book you have read?
- Favorite gardening tool?
- Your next big project in the garden?
- 2 movies you enjoyed recently?
- Soda water or mineral water?
- Sweet or salty?
So that’s it for this post! I am now off to inform all of my nominees!